Author Topic: Drivers side rear sagging  (Read 793 times)

Offline WVUFELLA

• (OO/---------\OO) closest i could for a 72
Drivers side rear sagging
« on: February 22, 2018 - 01:57:15 PM »
Hello all,
I noticed my car seemed lower than normal. The drivers side rear is sagging. How do I determine what is the problem? weak spring? weak shock? torsion bar? Thanks in advance

Offline WVUFELLA

• (OO/---------\OO) closest i could for a 72
Re: Drivers side rear sagging
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018 - 08:49:21 PM »
Really..no comments

Offline jhaag

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018 - 09:41:44 PM »
A little difficult to diagnose from your description. Did it occur all at once? You say sagging, we say how much? Have you checked for broken springs or mounts? What are your measurements to fenders on all 4 corners? Shocks do not hold a car up so you can eliminate them unless you have coil assist or air shocks. Torsion bars affect the opposite corner, but in your case if the left front weakened or "relaxed" it would raise the right rear, making it appear that the left rear was sagging. Don't know how much this helps you, but more info would help with suggestions from the forum.
love 70 Challengers

Offline 70chall440

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018 - 11:12:28 PM »
A little difficult to diagnose from your description. Did it occur all at once? You say sagging, we say how much? Have you checked for broken springs or mounts? What are your measurements to fenders on all 4 corners? Shocks do not hold a car up so you can eliminate them unless you have coil assist or air shocks. Torsion bars affect the opposite corner, but in your case if the left front weakened or "relaxed" it would raise the right rear, making it appear that the left rear was sagging. Don't know how much this helps you, but more info would help with suggestions from the forum.

Pretty much it. Just for fun, check the tire pressure as well.
Current Mopar
70 Challenger RT 440-6 EFI, 73 Cuda 416-6 EFI
05 Hemi Durango, 01 Ram 4x4, 14 Ram 2500 4X4, 10 PCP Challenger 6 spd RT, 01 Viper GTS ACR, 52 B3B w/330 Desoto Hemi, 70 Hemi RR (under const)
Past Mopars
9 x Challengers. AAR Cuda, 4 RR, 2 GTX, 4 Chargers, etc... (too many to list)