Author Topic: WANTED: AAR CUDA  (Read 3440 times)

Offline CudaHolland

WANTED: AAR CUDA
« on: June 08, 2018 - 05:31:33 AM »
I am Jacob Schipper living in a small village called Opmeer ( 55 km above Amsterdam) in The Netherlands. I am looking for an AAR Cuda that is good ( no bag of tears) and runs and drives well. I am a private buyer and for all a Cuda lover. Now I want to buy my dreamcar. I am no dealer, trader or scam. The car must be orange or red (my preference). It must have an automatic transmission (not on the steering console). Interior must be black with bucket seats and a center console. It must be a real BS23J0B car and no clone. An original #'s matching TA 340 engine 6BBL. The car must be solid and hard, no rustbucket or bondo car. Who wants to sell his AAR Cuda or knows anyone that has the plan to sell ?? The car will get a good home. Send me an email at : schipper40@zonnnet.nl
I do not need help from traders or dealers. Just want to speak wit the real owner of a car !! :)

Offline 70chall440

• Sr. Resident
Re: WANTED: AAR CUDA
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018 - 12:48:20 PM »
I would tell you that given your location, if you really want this purchase to be clean, you might want to look at using an agent or company here in the US. If you sign an agreement with them and the car you receive turns out not to be good, you will have legal rights in the US (as in you can sue them), if you go it alone as you indicate, you will have no recourse once it arrives. Id love to tell you that people are honest and all that, but that isnt the case and what you think is unacceptable someone else may think is just fine.

One thing you didn't note was what kind of budget you are working with or is this a "price is not a concern" issue?

good luck with your search.
Current Mopar
70 Challenger RT 440-6 EFI, 73 Cuda 416-6 EFI
05 Hemi Durango, 01 Ram 4x4, 14 Ram 2500 4X4, 10 PCP Challenger 6 spd RT, 01 Viper GTS ACR, 52 B3B w/330 Desoto Hemi, 70 Hemi RR (under const)
Past Mopars
9 x Challengers. AAR Cuda, 4 RR, 2 GTX, 4 Chargers, etc... (too many to list)

Offline challengermaniac

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018 - 12:57:28 AM »
Hi there,

Almost everything you wanted except this one is a four speed car which are usually considered more desirable here in the states.

Good luck in your search.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cuda-AAR/223007077691?hash=item33ec41f53b:g:hbYAAOSwX5ZbF3G8&vxp=mtr
Charlie
70 Challenger 340/4 Purple
70 Challenger T/A Red
Edmonds, WA

Offline mrwfp

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018 - 11:32:52 AM »
How original do you want your AAR to be?  The one listed above on eBay obviously has had some sheet metal replaced.  From looking at the pictures, the trunk panel is not original.  An original 1970 trunk panel would have shock mounts with the access holes horizontal on the top of the rear shock tower.  This one has the 1972 and later (or replacment) panel with the vertical shock bolt access holes. 

Offline CudaHolland

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018 - 01:16:42 PM »
Hi guys. Thanks for your feedback. I know that a lot of sellers are not so honest as they say they are. Had already a bad experience with Streetside Classics in Charlotte NC. The car was not so good as they told me by email. I hired an inspector from the company Lemon Squad. He made an inspection report and that told me a different story. Had also a bad experience with a guy in Canada who did not kept his promise. Unreliable. We should inspect the car in the spring of 2018 when the snow was gone but all of a sudden he decided to go with the car to the Mecum Idy auction. My offer was 77k and he got a hammerprice  of 75k there !! My inspector was already been there in November 2017 but then the car didnot start ( defect ballast resistor). So I am warned !!!
My budget is around 75k-80K US dollar.
I saw already the car from RK Motors. He is above my budget, no automatic gear and not original in the trunk. Trunk panel must be original, a replacement is ok but not from another year. I keep searching............... And if you hear or see something , please let me know :)