Author Topic: Ebaying  (Read 3785 times)

cudagirl440pk

Ebaying
« on: March 28, 2005 - 12:32:58 AM »

Well all my husband does alot of ebaying and you have to make sure that if your buying from someone i dont make a pruchase unless they have atleast 100 feedbacks,and the % must be 95% or higher.Also never accept a cashiers check and let car go make sure check clears first alot of ppl think that a cashiers check is as good as cash well it isnt.The cashiers check is drawn on bank not account of person until clears and they can get one issued and then pull cash out and get your car and be gone be careful.If anyone has any other questions let me know i will ask my husband he has over 400 transactions.Also when selling a car always put AS IS to protect yourself.

:burnout:

Offline Killer_Mopar

Re: Ebaying
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005 - 12:57:23 AM »
I spend quite a bit of time on ebay and know what you mean. I dont certain criteria that every seller had to meet to buy from. I basically look at how much I'm spending, I never buy from someone with under 10 feedback and if the item is over 100 bucks, then I try to buy from someone with over 100 feedback and at least 97% positive. As a seller, there isnt much you can do, I have only had 2 people not pay me for an item, so Im doing pretty good. Also, I do not allow shipping outside the continental US under normal circumstance, but I have shipped to canada and alaska before but that was if the buyer asked and he had good feedback.
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

BH23cuda

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005 - 12:59:18 PM »
:???: Kinda curious why people won't sell/ship outside the good ol' US of A?   
Up here in the Great White North, we have a sad lack of parts and accessories available to us.  As a result we or at least I would gladly bid on items and are willing to pay more than they went for but the seller won't sell to us.  !00% pos feedback, PayPal verified account, cashier's cheque, money order....nothing works. 
What's the story?  It is a pain having to use a US mailbox and then try to get across the border.

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005 - 01:40:41 PM »
I will ship to canada if I get a question from buyer and if I feel they really need it. The way I see it is, I am not going out of my way and filling out forms to send a 5 dollar item over the border. Also, I have to make sure to charge them the correct shipping price, which is a problem because the post office likes to add numerous fees. The first time I shipped over the border, I did not know about the insane shipping cost and only charged the buyer 5 bucks.....well shipping was 20, so I had to absorb a 15 dollar loss and keep in mind that the item was only 30 dollars to begin with! It is just easier and less of a hassle to send it within the US. However, if I was selling a rarer part, I would have no problem shipping it to canada or some other countries.....as long as the buyer pays shipping cost.
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005 - 02:40:19 PM »
From a sellers standpoint, I worry about bad feedback. I sold something to someone in Canada and shipped it the next day "air-mail".  A month later they still didn't have it. They got it eventually, but I wish there were a better way. It is actually easier to ship to Europe. I sold something to a guy in Germany and he had it in a week.

On the reverse side, I bought something from a guy in Canada and paid him for shipping. A few weeks later I get a bill from UPS for $19. I E-mailed the guy to ask him if he paid the shipping. He did. Turns out the $19 was just for paper work at the border.  :mad: :mad: :mad: :stomp: :stomp: :stomp:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

BH23cuda

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005 - 10:38:47 PM »
Thanks for the info guys.  I have sold a fair amount of stuff to the US and I agree with your comments about the disgusting amount of time it sometimes takes.  I think Canada Post sometimes simply stores stuff for a random period of time.  Either that or someone thinks we are trying to mail terrorists over the border :nono:

Other shippers cost a lot, but the service seems pretty good.

I appreciate the difficulties you mention, but it is so frustrating when a seller won't even consider shipping to me, even when I'm willing to pay a  premium on shipping.  I guess that our little market up here isn't really worth it to them.  I hope that my next Ebay purchases are from you guys, not the SOB who won't even return my emails! 

Thanks again