Author Topic: WIW - NOS Rallye Dash P/N 2984185 8K Tach w/6.5K Redline & P/N 2984182 Clock...  (Read 1885 times)

Offline xs29j8

AFAIK - The P/N 2984185 Tachometer was initially a 8,000 RPM tachometer with a 6,500 RPM Redline used in at least the 1970 Hemi and 440 Six Pack powered E-Bodies, and maybe others as well.  The same part number was later serviced as a 7,000 RPM tachometer with a lower Redline...

Here is a 8,000 RPM version with the 6,500 RPM Redline that was purchased at a Chrysler dealership in about 1981...

Soooooo, my question is What-Is-It-Worth???

I have seen only the later 7,000 RPM versions for sale in the $450 range... any of these 8,000 RPM versions up for sale recently?

Also what is a NOS P/N 2984182 1970 E-Body Rallye Clock worth?

Knowledgeable comments on applications...?

Thanks... Allen

Offline blown motor

• Resident
Those parts are available from parts suppliers like Roseville and Year One. Check there online catalogue for prices. Unless you can find someone absolutely gung-ho on NOS then that's all they're worth.
In search of the eternal buzz!

Offline xs29j8

Those parts are available from parts suppliers like Roseville and Year One. Check there online catalogue for prices. Unless you can find someone absolutely gung-ho on NOS then that's all they're worth.

I paid $275 for reproduction `Cuda wheel lip moldings, none of which would fit... two of them badly out of contour.  A body shop wanted $200 (1 hour per molding) to  fit and install them.  The reproduction tachometers may well be more accurate and durable than the original ones, but the ones on eBay are not too accurate from a visual perspective....IMHO

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
Put them on EBay with no reserve, you'll learn quick what they're worth :2cents:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
I would contact some people such as Roger Gibson or Steve Juliano about the parts.  Someone who wants ONLY NOS parts for a restoration will be interested in them.
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline xs29j8

I would contact some people such as Roger Gibson or Steve Juliano about the parts.  Someone who wants ONLY NOS parts for a restoration will be interested in them.

Yes, I have sold NOS parts to both Frank Badalson (@ Roger Gibson) & Steve Juliano...  would like to sell them more!