Author Topic: ****What's it Worth Help for Classics***********  (Read 11608 times)

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
****What's it Worth Help for Classics***********
« on: September 08, 2010 - 08:52:47 AM »
  Seen many question what a Car might be worth, I ran across this website that gives some info that may be helpful .. at least gives a point of reference.
  You will have to determine the condition rating for it to make sense.

http://collectorcarmarket.com/menus/makes.html

Bullitt                                                                                                    car value
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
Re: ****What's it Worth Help for Classics***********
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010 - 09:13:19 AM »
Cool site - thanks for posting
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline mcgheejt

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010 - 09:55:43 AM »
Yep,  interesting site.  Tagged in my fav's.  Thanks.

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010 - 08:52:01 AM »
NADA has a tab for this as well. I'm always suprised folks don't start with easy sources like this.

http://www.nadaappraisalguides.com/?gclid=CN30uq6x-qMCFQXs7QodkQ5uHw

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
  • Rev 20:4. Mat 6:33 John 1:3 Mat 26:41
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010 - 05:58:19 AM »
Needs to add rimblow,
Go-Wing , front spoilers
Track Pack
Supertrack Pack
sway bars
foglights
 :thumbsup:
All would add.

Would lower IMO.
Don't shoot me or dogpile this is just my opinion
the luggage rack and Mod top should lower the value! I seen a luggage rack on a Hemicuda for cryin out loud.
Was this thing invented because people were whining about trunk space, did Mike Brady ever pack up the picknick basket and haul a$$ 440-6 style to the lake . Did anyone actually ever use the luggage rack? I know the Mod was rare and drugs were good, but why pass up the Gator grain man!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010 - 07:02:31 AM by GranCuda1970 »

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011 - 08:37:04 AM »
Those guys are heavy on the crack pipe.  2008, pre-crash prices. Must be what the dealers base their asking prices on.
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011 - 08:49:18 AM »
the original link I posted does seem to be pretty high, NADA priced similar models  about 40%  less but does not give any range for condition which is paramount IMO
http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/Manufacturers
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline gafletch

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011 - 09:16:14 PM »
  A lot depends on the style of the car. Example:  Looking at a 73 cuda;  pro-street, was 340-now 440 ceramic-coated headers, aluminum radiator-dual elec fans, body-off restore.  727 rev valve body, dana 410, mini tubbed, racing-bucket-seats, 15 gal fuel cell under trunk, etc... 

What would you price it at?  20k? more?      What about the 340 in vgc?  18k? 19?     :feedback:

Offline dwl1702

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012 - 09:21:24 PM »
Thanks-That helped me with my car. Newbie from Lubbock,Tx.

Offline Colorado-0A5599

• Mopar or no car!
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014 - 01:14:39 PM »
  A lot depends on the style of the car. Example:  Looking at a 73 cuda;  pro-street, was 340-now 440 ceramic-coated headers, aluminum radiator-dual elec fans, body-off restore.  727 rev valve body, dana 410, mini tubbed, racing-bucket-seats, 15 gal fuel cell under trunk, etc... 

What would you price it at?  20k? more?      What about the 340 in vgc?  18k? 19?     :feedback:

Regional prices are the thing. Here in Appalachian mountains KY ,Tenn.  That car would sell 30-40K. I have traveled around to car meets and Smokey mountains ie: Severville Tenn. Bi-yearly rod run sell and buy is very high. I sold a couple and bought a couple. [Us hillbillies like muscle that much I guess]. :)
topcat
My wife ?   O.K.
My dog ?    Maybe
My Dodge? NEVER!!!

Offline tluan

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014 - 11:41:48 AM »
I'm thinking of advertising my 1970 'Cuda.  It is a 340 Shaker with a little over 50K original miles.  Right now I'm researching to determine value.  Motor is not the original but it is a period correct (1970) engine.  It has been professionally rebuilt in the past three years by a reputable (Drake Engines Inc.) local shop.  When I had the work done I updated the intake manifold and carb although I retained the originals.  I'm replacing the headliner and repairing a bucket seat cover (YearOne mistake) with NOS vinyl.  Interior panels are original and dyed in the past year.  I may replace them before I sell it.  I have build sheets, the original window sticker ($4,064.90 MSRP), etc.  The vehicle is black w/ tan interior (TX9, H6T5).  It was repainted about 6 yrs. ago, engline compartment included. No body panel rust through; I replaced driver's side floorpan at the time even though it wasn't  rusted through.  the usual problem area in the trunk was repaired years ago before I bought it and it remains solid.  I have owned the car for 22 years and I have met both previous owners.  The original owner provided me the window sticker that he removed when he purchased it. It's probably a borderline condition two (80 pts.) vehicle.

Offline xtopfuel

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2017 - 07:03:51 AM »
nice reality check

Offline Iossif77

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2017 - 04:37:45 PM »
the original link I posted does seem to be pretty high, NADA priced similar models  about 40%  less but does not give any range for condition which is paramount IMO
http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/Manufacturers

Hi Jack my shelby 8.8 custom 1490 hp 3.3 0-60 was made in 1972 I fell in love with this car, and before this was porsche 911 3.0 265hp made in 1977 4.9 and I can say that the new machine is much better and less likely to break. Very cool of course gift to his son, probably he is a fine fellow), I can advise you only what is better to take with 4 doors, since it will be easier, but I think you will make the right choice. With regard to insurance, I have been working as an insurance broker for many years and I can advise you to read this site. Http: //www.cheapautoinsurance.com/ How much I would not look for different sites, on this you will find the most current insurance and information about them.
And yes I think you can take his car =)
Good luck!

Offline dipak pawar

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2021 - 06:48:00 AM »
here we have given fitness tips

Offline dipak pawar

fitness
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2021 - 06:52:24 AM »