Author Topic: My '70 Cuda 340  (Read 853 times)

Offline Winston

My '70 Cuda 340
« on: March 02, 2010 - 09:05:40 PM »
Wow, this is tough to write.  I am tinkering with the idea of selling my '70 Cuda....haven't completely made up my mind yet, but my wife and I are expecting a baby in August.  That's one of the reasons I've been scarce around these parts lately.  But, things are good!  Some of y'all have seen a few pics of the car, and others have helped me with certain portions of putting this car back together. 

I have owned the car since '01, and that's when the restoration started.  It has new sheetmetal all over and the undercarriage is new as well.  The engine was rebuilt by my dad very mildly, more or less stock.  All the numbers match.  It's an FJ5 340 4-speed pistol grip with very few options....meaning no power brakes, no power steering, drum brakes.  It does have the typical Cuda options like rally hood, hood pins and lanyards, etc.  It also has the front elastomeric bumper, regular chrome bumper in the rear.  It is mostly restored and is driveable, but it needs to be finished.  The rear fender well trim needs to be put on, and the windshield, dash and gauges all need to be restored.  It should also get a new under dash harness.  I have a new dashpad and fender trim, along with some other stuff.  It has 15x7 rally wheels with brand new BFG Radial TA's.  Exhaust system from Accurate...I've had a hard time trying to align the tips for some reason.  Anyway, I am seeing what people here would think about the worth of this car.  Like I said, I am not 100% selling it yet...I'm just fishing around for its value.  I don't have any other pics right now, but I will try to add more once I get them from my work computer.  I lost a lot of pics when my computer tanked a couple months ago.  Thanks and I hope everyone here has been doing well!

Winston