Author Topic: 74 Challenger whole or part out ?  (Read 727 times)

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
74 Challenger whole or part out ?
« on: February 11, 2010 - 01:12:30 PM »
This will probably get me hurt, but I'm considering selling my 74 Challenger.  I am not ready to start parting with it, I am trying to figure out if it would be worth more whole or parted out.  Just looking for honest opinions.  If the snow ever goes away, I'll probably start.

74 Challenger  360 auto numbers matching ( I doubt this adds much )  Apart but can be put on a trailer.  Complete car, medium rust in normal places, drivers floor, trunk, firewall.  Ran and drove when I started taking it apart to restore.  In addition to normal parts has :

2 replacement doors, rust free, one has a few small dents.
Rear quarter patch panels.  Not full OEM.
70 -71 gauge cluster with 8K tach ( worked when I parked car, been stored in my basement since )
New Legendary front seat covers, back seat does not need recovered.
Package tray. repro
Rear wing, not go wing, speed bump type that form fits deck lid.  Mopar part, not aftermarket.
Replacement exhaust tips. New

I started a list of the parts that I thought would bring enough money to consider selling as parts and can list them if anyone thinks it'll help decide.  I know I've forgotten things, but...........

Thanks,

P.G.

Yes, I posted something similar a long time ago.  Now the economy is looming.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: 74 Challenger whole or part out ?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010 - 01:20:05 PM »
A numbers match 74 360 challenger would be a prefered choice to any other 74 build challenger.  That would make me want the car even more.  Of course you know we all need to see the pictures again since we cant remember what was rusted and what wasn't, but as I recall we discussed just putting the stuff back on the car would raise the value quite a bit. I would say nothing under 5k for the car, sight unseen by description, and I believe it is actually worth more than that, but it's been so long since I had a glimps of it

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010 - 03:27:04 PM »
Al,

I'll get some pictures as soon as global warming kicks in up here.  Right now it'll look like a polar bear in a snowstorm.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010 - 01:10:10 AM »
Hey P.G.,  sorry to hear your thinking of selling the car again.  How long have you had this car?  Many moons I'm sure.  Hate to see you part with it. Hope you'll start putting this and that together and end up being one of those stories of how your car almost got away but didn't.  Best of luck to you, bud.  :thumbsup:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger