MEMBER RIDES

Author Topic: MEMBER RIDES  (Read 165360 times)

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
Re: OUR MEMBER'S RIDES (please post only once!)
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2007 - 01:15:15 PM »
History:  This car was purchased by a gentleman on Aug.31, 1971, 4 days after getting out of the Army. He used this car as his daily driver, even to pull a trailer with a snowmobile through New Hampshire roads. It was well taken car of, always garaged. He sold it in 2001 as he thought he thought he "blew the engine" to a gentleman who raced Mustangs. The Challenger was not registered and was put in a barn full of racing Mustangs. In 2003 the car was sold to me. The assumed engine damage was basically from the neck of the radiator falling off and after resoldering it back on the car runs fine! The engine has never been rebuilt, matching #s drivetrain. When I picked up the car, I brought it by the original owner's house. He had tears in his eyes to see his beloved Challenger again and made me promise him if I were to sell it that he would have first dibs to buy it back. This is a very early production '72 model year Challenger. It has the '71 style Rallye Gauge cluster. It has factory body side moulding and therefore assumably no fender louvers and strobe stripes. It retains all the factory original body metal.  The Challenger still retains Pioneer 8 track, fog lights, and trailer hitch original owner installed.  Even fuzzy dash!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 
Build date 8/17/1971
Matching numbers 340 engine, never been rebuilt, 106K miles
Paint code TB3=Super Blue, blue interior
Originally steel wheels and hubcaps from the factory (Still have.)
Documentation: Original hand written and typed Vehicle Invoice from MacKensie Motors in NH, Owners manual, Chrysler Emissions Control manual, Consumer Information sheet, original application for title, buildsheet.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2007 - 02:38:22 AM by Super Blue 72 »
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2007 - 04:08:06 PM »
Here are the two, as they sit.

The 71 Challenger
Warmed over 383
727 auto on the floor
8 3/4 with sure-grip rear with 3.23 gear ratio
Painless's Mopar Wiring Harness
Autometer Gauge cluster

The 69 Charger R/T SE
Warmed over 440
727 auto on the floor
8 3/4 sure-grip with 4.10 in the rear
Old race car, has a ton of options though.

Cough.... cough....

And there are a few others lying around.  None in nice condtion though.

Ryan
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007 - 04:10:59 PM by Devil »
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2007 - 05:46:53 PM »
Hi, my name is April and I have a 1972 Plymouth Cuda 340 that I purchased in July of 2004.  In 1995 I went to Fall Carlisle with Joe (my husband) and a friend who had a 70 Challenger.  While there I found a poster of a 70 Cuda in Moulin Rouge and that is when I knew I would have one someday.  I still have the picture today. 

I found my car on ebay, drove out to Ohio from NY to see it and brought her home.  The car was already painted pink when I got it, but it is an original FY1 (Lemon Twist) car. 

Some updates since I purchased the car:

-Rebuilt original 340 block in 2006-

-Clevite Rod, Main and Cam Bearings
-Melling Oil Pump
-Sealed Power Moly Rings
-Sealed Power Sterling Pistons (Forged)
-MP Purple Shaft Cam 280 dur/474 lift
-2.02" intake valves/new valve seals  (upgraded from 1.88" valves)
-Cloyes True Roller Timing Chain
-ARP fasteners
-MP waterpump
-TTI headers with 2 1/2 inch exhaust and Flowmaster 40's
-New 340 six pak set up from Six Pak Performance in AZ
-Re-cored original radiator

Car came with air shocks so I replaced them with HD 2 inch above factory leaf springs from ESPO Springs and Things

Aftermarket Tuff Wheel (would like a real one)

Had a ferd spoiler, lol, fixed that issue

Repainted engine compartment when motor was out

Rebuilt Clock, Tach, and Speedo

This winter I will be upgrading some things.  I want to re-do the dash, carpeting, changing my 4:10 rear to 3:91, change front rotors (thanks MEK for the new ones) and maybe add some sound deadener to the interior so my ears aren't ringing after a long drive.  I am sure there will be more to come, after all, they are never done, are they?

« Last Edit: October 27, 2008 - 12:00:27 AM by 4Cruizn »

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2007 - 07:26:34 PM »
 :2thumbs: My honey and I may be on the "older" side of life but we love our "girls" and we don't exactly act our age. Although staying up with the Carlisle croud in the parking lot is a tuff task for us.  :roflsmiley:

Sorry the 69 is not pictured, she's sitting in the garage although she is certainly drivable she is embarrased, she needs a make over pretty bad.  :smilielol:

The Charger is "My girl", she's a honey,sweeter than wine. A 500 SE, 383 mag. 4 speed, the motor has just 52,000 (46,000 when I got her) original miles and has never been touched.

The Dart will be a "hell raiser", she's solid as the day she came off the line with all original sheet metal, soon to have a built 440 with dual quad set up, her paint is in need of some TLC. A wet sand and buff by Tony would be nice.  :2thumbs:

The Satelite is my lil "Street B!tch", has a nasty disposition and is a little rough around her curves. She is body wise just as I bought her, got a little plastic here and there  :roflsmiley:. But the 440 6 pk makes her sound like a...........well, a street b!tch.  :roflsmiley:

The Chally is our reason for being here since March 2002, she has faithfully taken us to Carlisle every year c-c.c has been going as a club. The 360 mag with the high ratio rear end makes her the best cruiser of the family. She's a plain Jane that shines like a gem and gets her own share of lookers, her fine blue pearl coat over the satin white and the bright blue interrior can make ya look twice.   :cheers:  :bigshades:

« Last Edit: October 27, 2008 - 12:00:52 AM by 4Cruizn »
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Scatterbrain

• 1973 Challenger
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2007 - 07:47:06 PM »
Here is my car.  It is a 1973 Dodge Challenger.  It is a real 340 car, but actually has a 318 in it now (which I didn't know about till after it was delivered).  I've been slowly fixing up the car.  It is cam'd (I don't know the specs) and has a Holley hi rise with 770 Street Avenger carb (a little overkill).  I've redone the interior, fixed most of the gauges (just need the tach), replaced the floor pans and transmission tunnel.  I also installed a Richmond 6-speed transmission and Classic Auto Air.  She is fun to drive and gets looks and thumbs up everywhere I go.  Future plans include replacing the 318 with either a 440 or proper 340, getting the rust out and I forsee a paint job coming her way.  At first I wasn't crazy about the stance, but it has grown on me.  It kinda gives her an attitude.

This is the only shot of the interior I have since installed a center console (which rattles to no end)

Forgive the mess in the engine bay.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2007 - 07:52:06 PM by Scatterbrain »

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2007 - 07:55:30 PM »
 :wave: I'm Jackie. I've driven and owned Mopars since I was 17. I bought my 1st a 71 340 Wedge Duster when I was 17. We raised a lot of heck in that car. :burnout: :burnout: My 71 Challenger, I've owned for a little over 3 years. He made the 27th Mopar , I've owned. It's a matching #'s car  with 84,000 orig miles. A 318, AT, AC, ralley dash, all the trim. This car was a flat hood with factory hood pins. It had the bulge hood on it when I bought it. I am putting the factory hood pins back on it , hopefully this winter.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008 - 12:01:34 AM by 4Cruizn »

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2007 - 10:25:59 PM »
I'm in Central Alabama and have owned my 1970 R/T SE since January 1994; the car had been in the Detroit area (Royal Oak - Madison) until that time. The rebuild to original appearance began November 2006...

440-4
727-3.55
ps, pdb, non-air
black vinyl top
b & w cloth/vinyl interior
white R/T stripe

Great idea Dave :dogpile:

Russ
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008 - 12:01:58 AM by 4Cruizn »
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2007 - 03:36:16 PM »
What can I say?? SOOOO many sweeeet rides. It all started with me when I was about 14 and had a neighbor about 10-12 years older than me & that was always building & racing hotrods. He had a black pearl '70 'Cuda (340) & '68 Charger (440) that were the talk of the neighborhood. Nobody could touch his small block!! He became my mentor & I was hooked on Mopars ever since, and have had 4 Barracuda's and one Challenger since High school. I currently own a '68 Barracuda with a hot little 360 with a NOS setup. It was originally a 318 car and was redone in 2003. I bought it from upstate NY and drove it home to Virginia where I live. My real love is the "E" bodies and I bought my '74 Challenger (in 2006) from a great guy and fellow Mopar lover in Auburn California. I had it shipped to VA. It is an original CA car and was purchased from the original family that owned it. It's nothing special, originally a 318 car which now has a sweet Hughes built 440 (dyno'd around 425 HP), 727 automatic tranny and interstate gearing which will be changed out this summer for 4:10 posi. It was originally Top Bannana Yellow. I just painted the whole car in July (includeed replacing the rusty trunk and fixing little dings and dents (Car was virtually rust-free from California enviroment and being kept in garage) after having the front wheel come off while driving to the drag strip (that's another story and there's a post on that). Since I already have a yellow car I opted not to paint it back to the original color. The only thing that may be a little "rare" on the car is the original cloth seats (I think the pattern is a Houndstooth?). I've not seen too many Challengers with cloth seats. It has a center console with slap-stick and Centerline Covo-Pro rims and BFG's. Thanks to Jason (Stroker) for the rear set! This is an awesome site and great people!! I love all the pics and stories associated with them!!  :2thumbs:

UPDATE: Since 2006, The Challenger has been painted, and I built and installed a stroked 440 (543 cubes) that puts out over 600 HP with 651 ft/lbs of torque. I have the build specs posted in the "Proven Engine Combo" section. Tha Barracuda was not prepped right when redone in 2003 and now needs a repaint. They are a blast to drive!!

Matt B.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013 - 10:17:59 AM by moparmaniac59 »
Matt

Offline babyelephant

• Ol' Kozmic Blues again Mama
    • WPC Club of Norway
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2007 - 04:09:35 AM »
I built a model kit as a teenager of the T/A and knew from that day I ought to get it in 1:1. Mine is Banana yellow with black interior, correct 340 six pack, 727 and 3:55:1. It is a Florida car and still keep the undercoating.

The picture from the strip is by Bertil Lindgrens public gallery, other pics by me.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008 - 12:03:11 AM by 4Cruizn »
JH23J0B
88 BMW 635 CSiA
87 Trans Am GTA
x RH23G8E

Offline BluesCuda1

Re: OUR MEMBER'S RIDES (please reload you pictures if they are missing)
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2007 - 10:51:08 PM »

« Last Edit: December 05, 2007 - 11:01:38 PM by BluesCuda1 »

Offline 4drbrnko

« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2007 - 03:32:37 AM »

<-------<<<  Clickylinks..... My vehicles

Offline Old Moparz

• Larks' Tongues In Aspic
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2007 - 05:15:53 PM »
Mine is a 1971 Barracuda, & originally a 318 car. Somewhere along the way one of the previous owners transplanted a 400-4V into it with a 727 trans. It looked horrible in the pics, but when I went to go see it in person, it wasn't that bad at all. I picked it up in the summer of 2004 as a back burner project with no intentions of doing anything to it in the immediate future.

I've always wanted to get one, but knew if I didn't get it when I had the chance & some extra cash, I'd probably never own one with the way the prices were climbing. I didn't care if it was a 'Cuda or not, or whether it had a big block, I just wanted a 1971 model. Been wanting one since I test drove a 1970 Barracuda Convertible about 25 years ago.

The frame rails, firewall, inner fenders, cowl, & passenger compartment floors are all solid with a few patches of surface rust. The trunk floor is soft, so that will need to be replaced. The driver's quarter is probably the worst since it was hit by the tail light & has rust at the bottom. The passenger side quarter will only need a lower repair from rust.

The doors look to be fair, but if I find a clean pair I'll swap them. The front fenders are standard ones without gills & both need work, so I'll be getting a pair of aftermarket ones. It also had a vinyl top that was removed revealing a solid roof skin. The body is the original color, "Tawny Gold" & the interior is all black with a bench seat that has an armrest. I like the armrest so I'll keep the bench.

Here's some pics.....   :biggrin:

« Last Edit: December 06, 2007 - 05:23:19 PM by Old Moparz »
Newburgh, New York - 12550

Walking is good for you. It's documented that for every minute you exercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5000 per month.

Offline Chlngrcrzy

« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2007 - 11:54:59 AM »
I am fairly new to the site. I joined in June of 2007, right after i decided to restore a 73 Challenger that i had purchased. It is getting a complete rotisserie testor, because of some rust issues, and i am to anal to leave anything undone . I will be doing all of the work, because $$ for me does not come to easy(I have Teenagers). It is a #'s matching 318, with a pistol grip 4 speed, but will be sporting a 440 in the last stage of the cars rebuild. I currently have it completely stripped down, and am replacing sheet metal before i put it on the rotisserie and media blast it. This is my first mopar project, and it won't be my last. I am learning a lot from the members of this site and appreciate their willingness to answer my questions. The picture i am posting is taken the week after i purchased and before i began to tear her down. I am also posting pics in the restoration site. Thanks for everything C.C.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008 - 12:03:39 AM by 4Cruizn »

Offline xs29j8

Re: OUR MEMBER'S RIDES (please reload your pictures if they are missing)
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2007 - 03:56:11 PM »
Well, here goes again... last time the server died a couple of hours after I posted...  :misbehaving:

I will post pictures of my E-Bodies, and links to pictures of other Mopars that I have.

1970 `Cuda / 440-6BBL / Automatic / 4.10 Dana / FY1 Lemon Twist Yellow / White Interior

My 1970 `Cuda 440-6 “Ole Yeller” was purchased by the second owner for $2975 on April 12, 1971 after having been repossessed from the original owner.  The application to transfer the warranty which was turned down because the 440-6 powered cars could not have warranty transfers, but showed the original delivery date to be November 26, 1969.  The second owner was an Army officer, and he took the `Cuda to Germany in August of 1974 and returned to the US in April of 1977.  I purchased the `Cuda from the second owner on July 14, 1981 for the amazing price of $500… no, I am not kidding!

The ‘Cuda’s option mix is a bit unusual, having come from the factory with a 440 6BBL w/Automatic, 4.10 Dana 60, Shaker hood, front Elastomeric bumper, and column shift!  The only changes that I made during the restoration in 1984 was using a Hockey Stick stripe in place of the original body side molding & 15 inch Rallye wheels in place of the original 14 inch Road Wheels (Magnum 500 style).  I have driven the ‘Cuda to shows all over Texas and several other states, finally trailering it to a show last Fall for the first time.  Ole Yeller is one of three Mopars that I currently own that I cannot imagine ever selling, the other two being my Triple Black 1968 Charger R/T & Platinum Silver 1969 Road Runner.

1970 `Cuda / 426 Hemi / 4 Speed / 4.10 Dana / FJ5 Limelight Green / Black Interior

1970 Challenger T/A / 340 Six Pak / Automatic / 3.55 Axle / FE5 Rallye Red / Black Interior

1970 Challenger Convertible / 383 / Automatic / 3.55 Axle / FJ5 Sublime Green / White Interior

1968 Charger R/T / 426 Hemi / Automatic / 3.92 Axle / BB1 Black / Black Interior / "Triple Black"
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/xs29j8/XS%20Collection/XS_68ChargerRT_426Hemi_Auto_TripleB.jpg

1968 Charger / 318 / Automatic / 2.76 Axle / Medium Blue / Blue Interior
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/xs29j8/XS%20Collection/XS_68Charger_318_Auto_MedBlue.jpg

1968 Polara 2Dr HT / 383 HP / Automatic / 3.23 Axle / Racing Green / White Interior
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/xs29j8/XS%20Collection/XS_68Polara_383HP_Auto_RacingGreen.jpg

1968 Polara 4Dr HT / 383 / Automatic / 3.23 Axle / Alpine White / Black Interior
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/xs29j8/XS%20Collection/XS_68Polara_383_Auto_AlpineWhite.jpg

1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn / 440 Magnum / 3.23 Axle / Alpine White / Spice Interior
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/xs29j8/XS%20Collection/XS_68Polara_440Mag_Auto_AlpineWhite.jpg

1969 Charger R/T / 440 Magnum / Automatic / 3.55 Axle / EY2 Sunfire Yellow / Black Interior
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/xs29j8/XS%20Collection/XS_69ChargerRT_440Mag_Auto_Sunfire.jpg

1969 Charger 500 / 440 Magnum / 4 Speed / 3.54 Dana / EB5 Bright Blue / Black Interior
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/xs29j8/XS%20Collection/XS_69Charger500_440Mag_4Spd_BrightB.jpg

1969 Charger Daytona / 440 Magnum / Automatic / 3.55 Axle / R4 Performance Red / Black Interior
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/xs29j8/XS%20Collection/XS_69Daytona_440Mag_Auto_Performanc.jpg

1969 Road Runner / 426 Hemi / 4 Speed / 3.54 Dana / A4 Platinum Silver / Pewter Interior
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/xs29j8/XS%20Collection/XS_69RoadRunner_426Hemi_4Spd_Platin.jpg

1970 Road Runner Superbird / 440 Super Commando / 4 Speed / 3.54 Dana / FY1 Lemon Twist Yellow / Black Interior
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/xs29j8/XS%20Collection/XS_70Superbird_440SC_4Spd_LemonTwis.jpg

1970 Charger R/T / 440 Six Pack / Automatic / 3.55 Axle / EB7 Dark Blue / Black Interior
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/xs29j8/XS%20Collection/XS_70ChargerRT_440SixPack_Auto_Dark.jpg

2009 Challenger  SRT8 / 6.1L Hemi / Automatic /  / TorRed / Black Interior
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/xs29j8/2009%2061L%20Auto%20Challenger%20SRT8/XS_09ChallengerSRT8_61LHemi_Auto_To.jpg
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010 - 02:26:16 PM by xs29j8 »

Offline moparman11

Re: OUR MEMBER'S RIDES (please reload your pictures if they are missing)
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2007 - 12:23:35 AM »
1973 Challenger, 440, slapstick, black interior
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008 - 12:05:12 AM by 4Cruizn »
1973 RALLYE CHALLENGER