1971 Challenger R/T, 383 4 Speed, original Shaker car with spoiler... WIW?

Author Topic: 1971 Challenger R/T, 383 4 Speed, original Shaker car with spoiler... WIW?  (Read 4412 times)

Offline xs29j8

1971 Challenger R/T body without engine, with a clear title and the original data plate (fender tag)... no broadcast sheet

Solid body with minor damage and rust

Original FC7 Plum Crazy color (now red), original 383 4 Speed car, original Shaker & rear spoiler car, fairly well optioned (see data plate below)

Some pictures taken about 3 years ago, clear coat is lifting more now...

So............. What is it worth?...  Opinions & back-up data or reasons if possible.

Thanks in advance!  :thumbsup:

XS

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Wow,

If that car still had it's original engine...  :money:

I really don't know what to say here. I don't see any dash in it. Does it have one? Is this your car, or one you are hoping to buy? I'll throw a 15K figure at you.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
I really don't know what to say here. I don't see any dash in it. Does it have one? Is this your car, or one you are hoping to buy? I'll throw a 15K figure at you.

I'll second that.  And that would have to be FIRM.  At least that amount.  Low to minimal rust?  I didnt know ebodys came that way   :roflsmiley:

Offline xs29j8

Wow,

If that car still had it's original engine...  :money:

Mike

Thanks for the WIW opinion.  I have owned the car since the early 1990s, but it is time to sell a few cars... :-\

The car is mostly complete, but is missing some items in addition to the engine...  From memory :clueless:... the car is also missing the Pistol Grip shifter arm (have 23 spline trans & shifter mech from another car), some pieces of chrome, a few items from the dash assembly, Shaker hood trim ring, Shaker warm & cold air doors, Shaker control & inter-connect cables, and carpet... other items are possibly missing as well... :clueless: :dunno:

I am just starting to pull together the parts to set up an eBay auction.  The previous owner took the car apart to begin a restoration, and did not provide all the parts when we traded cars.

Included with the car is a NOS 383-4BBL Shaker baseplate and a set of First Place Auto repro pedestals and reinforcement brackets for mounting the rear spoiler.  The original body VIN stampings are on the radiator core support and cowl, and the VIN plate is on the original (cracked) dash pad, as well as the door jam sticker is still in place.

Some more pictures are below...

XS

Offline ksierens

• 70 Challenger Resurrection
Looks like an awesome project for someone. 

Could you please tell me what the hole diameter in the firewall for the fresh air cable is?

1970 Triple Black Challenger R/T  440 Six Pack - 4 Speed - 3.55 Dana
Kurt - SE Michigan

Offline n9671x2

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I agree with the 15k.   Pluses, very rare, nicely optioned, 4 speed, good solid body for starting point.   Negatives, non numbers and no broadcast sheet.  You need a buyer who knows these cars to be able to put it back together.    I would think there are things you have for it that aren't included in the pictures, rally cluster etc.. however, when you get into the restoration up to your elbows, discovering things that are missing gets both costly and makes for a more frustrating restoration project.   Not uncommon with restoring these cars, I think you would be a little upside down on it after a nice restoration with throwing in your labor for free  :2cents:

Offline ksierens

• 70 Challenger Resurrection
Hey, just noticed that the hood is off of a 70, not a 71.  Only reason I know is because I have a 71 shaker hood for my 70 Challenger.

We could always trade  :naughty:
1970 Triple Black Challenger R/T  440 Six Pack - 4 Speed - 3.55 Dana
Kurt - SE Michigan

Offline moparclown

• Resident
Nice car,can I ask whats the story with the left side lower quarter?

Offline xs29j8

Looks like an awesome project for someone. 

Could you please tell me what the hole diameter in the firewall for the fresh air cable is?

I would have to measure it... maybe when I prepare the car for sale...

XS

Offline xs29j8

Hey, just noticed that the hood is off of a 70, not a 71.  Only reason I know is because I have a 71 shaker hood for my 70 Challenger.

We could always trade  :naughty:

We could if you lived near by... or maybe it is an omen that you should buy the car when I put it on eBay! :grinyes:

The hood has a lot of paint on it along with some body filler in place of the trim ring...

XS

Offline xs29j8

Nice car,can I ask whats the story with the left side lower quarter?

The worst rust on the car is the lower driver's side quarter panel... it will need a patch panel.

More pictures below...

XS

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
Holy Speakers batman...  :bigsmile:

Cool car..I would love to have it.

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline carcrazyguy

but it is time to sell a few cars... :-\

XS

Just hang onto it for a little longer.... :grinyes:  13 months and my wife will be out of school (finally after 10 years!) and I will some money burnin' a hole in my pocket!!  :drool:    You have some VERY cool cars!! :drool:

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
That's about a solid of a body an e-body can get.

Real Shaker hood or repop?

w/o a broadcast sheet (a real one), the Shaker option won't add quite as much value.  Ditto the four-speed unless you can really really check the welds on the hump/z-bar bracket and see if they look factory.

But I would gather anywhere between $15-22k you can get for it. 
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO