Author Topic: Best deal you missed out on  (Read 49019 times)

Offline dfrazz

• 1970 Cuda - 1968 Charger
  • Resident
Re: Best deal you missed out on
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2016 - 09:55:44 AM »
Great stories Joe, and congrats on that SWEET Bee!

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2016 - 10:03:03 AM »
Love the Bee good thing you caught on to that one & saved it  :2thumbs:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2016 - 10:16:10 AM »
Nice Super Bee.

Do you still have the parts to build another Hemi?
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Joe mama

« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2016 - 12:20:22 PM »
Nice Super Bee.

Do you still have the parts to build another Hemi?

I'm lacking a block but not really looking for one right now. I thought my 73 Challenger would be a stepping stone for the next project with a hemi but that challenger is such a cool car I don't want to get rid of it. I was thinking of dropping a hemi in that but it runs great with the 440 6 pack.
73 Challenger, 440+6, 5 speed Tremec, Dana 60

Offline IMADreamer

« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2016 - 12:42:24 AM »
I'm not sure this is a missed deal or not but years ago, like 25 years ago my Dad and I were out for a drive.  We pop over this hill and in this rickety old shed just off the road is a nose cone of a Road Runner Superbird peaking out.  I was 10 at the time, you have to imagine that's the coolest thing I've ever seen.  My Dad pulls over so I can look at it and in the mean time the owner comes out.  He and Dad do some talking and I'm just drooling over his car.  At the time he hadn't driven it in years.  The paint was rough but there it was kind of dusty and awesome.  One day as a high schooler I was thinking about that car and decided to go hunting for it.  I wasn't real sure what back road we found it on but after a couple different trips out to find it I did.  So once again I'm talking to the owner and I asked if he'd ever sell it.  He said he didn't think so or at least any time soon.  Fair enough.  As I got a little older I kind of forgot about the car but every once in a while it would come up.  A few years ago I decided to go hunting for it again.  I thought I'd found where it was but it was gone.  The shed was gone too but I was sure it was the house.  I was a little bummed because I'd credit that car to at least of my car craziness. 

Finally one day last year I was out on a cruise with some friends and I asked them if they knew anything about that car.  One guy owned a Plymouth GTX, one a 70 Road Runner, and one a 70 Hemi Cuda.  I mean if this Superbird really existed and just wasn't something I'd dreamed up in my youth these would be the guys to know about it and it's fate.  I told them about where I thought it was and they all knew the car.  "oh yeah, tried to buy that car many times."  They each said.  Well one of them knew what happened.  Somehow someone from the Chicago area learned of the car and brought a wad of cash down and the owner just couldn't turn it down.  That wad of cash?  $3000!!!!  A Road Runner Superbird sold not 10 miles from my house for $3000!!!  That one kind of haunts me.   
C6 Corvette well modded.
on the hunt for my first e body

Offline maxy426

« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2019 - 03:02:21 PM »
That 71 440+6 Cuda (from the start of this thread) was my car, I sold it to a guy for Alberta for 12, did buy a new 87' Grand National (dumb) The best deal I ever missed out on wasone of my own!!!

A 71 Hemi Cuda that I owned and got rid of to Walt from Jersey , instead of keeping it!!
 It was a White/White billboard matching 3's piece (auto) that was originally ordered for the Police Chief of Halifax. I found it in PEI on an apple orchard, thing was very low kms and had zero rust.

A close second was the 70 440+6 4 gr Cuda rag black car w/blue interior that I should have kept as well.
That one ended up on magazines covers.... So many regrets... I could go on - but I need a drink......
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019 - 03:06:10 PM by maxy426 »

Offline jimynick

• Resident
« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2019 - 10:42:06 PM »
That 71 440+6 Cuda (from the start of this thread) was my car, I sold it to a guy for Alberta for 12, did buy a new 87' Grand National (dumb) The best deal I ever missed out on wasone of my own!!!

A 71 Hemi Cuda that I owned and got rid of to Walt from Jersey , instead of keeping it!!
 It was a White/White billboard matching 3's piece (auto) that was originally ordered for the Police Chief of Halifax. I found it in PEI on an apple orchard, thing was very low kms and had zero rust.

A close second was the 70 440+6 4 gr Cuda rag black car w/blue interior that I should have kept as well.
That one ended up on magazines covers.... So many regrets... I could go on - but I need a drink......
Boy, I hear you about THAT!! Best make it a 6 pack, just to make amends to the gods of missed opportunities!  :cheers: