Wrecked 72 Cuda #'s matching

Author Topic: Wrecked 72 Cuda #'s matching  (Read 1575 times)

Offline cuda346pk

Wrecked 72 Cuda #'s matching
« on: March 08, 2019 - 12:15:42 AM »
I am going ahead and starting a new thread here about the resale value of my wreck. You can see the original thread titled "Sad, Sad ending on my test drive" at http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=122298.0
72 Cuda, originally blue, now plum crazy, numbers matching 340, 4 speed, 8 3/4 rear. Was factory stripper with manual drums, manual 24:1 steering. 2nd owner added rally dash - of which I have all the gauges working, console, 3.91 gears and a complete six pack set up off a Purple AAR during the late 70's early 80’s that was local in his hometown. Car still has six pack, it is best I know, an original intake, air cleaner base and top. Carbs have all been replaced through the years including 1 I did 2 years ago. The base is a true steel AAR/TA base. Since I have had the car I have replaced clutch, rebuilt Z-Bar, added TTI headers and X-pipe, viper front disc brakes with DR Diff kit, new master cylinder, all new lines, rear wheel cylinders. Firm Feel Stage 3 16:1 power steering, fast ratio arms, 1.06" torsion bars and adjustable strut rods. 1-1/4" Hellwig fr sway bar, 11/16" tie rods, lower control arm stiffening plates, USCarTool core support, Vintage Air a/c, Promax jettable outer carb plates, new correct linkage. New (installed just before wreck) HV oil pump, intermediate shaft, water pump, cloyes timing set with tensioner. H4 Halogen headlights with relays, LED parking/front turn signals, LED taillights. Engine pulleys and A/C mount from Bouchillon Performance. Champion radiator (still good), and tons of the accompanying small stuff. Interior is good except now rear passenger door panel is broken, drivers seat has torn area from entry/exit and drivers seat back is all the way back now and I have not looked at it to see what broke. I conservatively have $12,500 in parts and car was running, basically complete and painted when I got it. I have Broadcast sheet, some old documentation, no fender tag, and some history with names and a few phone numbers.
See photos and parts estimate from wreck and parts list I have bought and installed since I have owned it on my facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2457540660957005&type=3
It will have a salvage title, I assume, Engine still runs fine and I was able to move it a little in reverse and first, only a little due to passengers rear tire rubbing front of wheel well. I would really like for it to go to a good loving home to be brought back to life as opposed to parting it out if I can.
David - In Georgia

1972 'Cuda In-Violet 340 6 Pack 4 Speed 3.91 Sure Grip - Finally, after 27 years of waiting and dreaming it is real. Now the fun begins!