Author Topic: Tail panel trim  (Read 1031 times)

Offline 06Daytona

Tail panel trim
« on: April 10, 2011 - 04:17:45 PM »
Due to the fact that my 72 is going to need new quarters and tail panel, and there's a guy down here with a set of 71 quarters and a tail panel still in the box, I'm going to be cloning my 72 into a 71. There's actually quite a few 71 parts floating around down here because there's only 1 71 on the road that I know of. The rest of the Cudas here are 70 and 72,3,4. My first of many questions about trim etc is this, did all 70/71s have the chrome tail panel trim, or was it an extra? I've started to pick up bits and pieces here and there for the conversion like a 71 header panel and a set of brake lights, and I know I'm going to need front and rear marker lights as well and I'm wondering what else I might need that's 71 specific.
1972 Cuda 340 4 barrel 4 speed that looks like a 71
2006 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4X4
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible (Kidmobile)
1972 Dodge Charger 318 auto
1970 Challenger 440/727 auto
1973 Plymouth Duster 340/auto (Making it Panther Pink for the wife)
2006 Honda Civic Hybrid (It doesn't save gas, it just diverts it to the Cuda/Challenger)
In desperate need of more property for my growing Mopar family

Offline Jamie

Re: Tail panel trim
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011 - 07:41:47 PM »
 Your rear valance should work
and the bright trim work is for the `cuda option or gran coupe. barracuda`s have no rear trim .same thing on top of door skins.
 Front will need headlight buckets,headlight trim rings,grill,parking lights for valance,lower valance and insert.headlight wiring. and fenders unless you plan to cut yours for the markers to fit. The grill should be the toughest part to aquire without paying out the rear! I think thats it in a nutshell.   And please let me know of extra 71 stuff you find that you wont need , as mine needs lots of new parts.
I will finish a project.I will finish a project. I will finish a project.

70 barracuda plum crazy
( current goal is to keep just one car) AND FINISH IT!
08 charger r/t  w/road & track package
2011 silverado

Offline 06Daytona

Re: Tail panel trim
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011 - 08:20:21 PM »
Thanks for the list. I might end up changing my rear valance to one with cuts outs depending on how mine looks once it off the car and free of 12 layers of paint. I was given a complete 71 grill with all the trim that needs a little TLC, but was all there which was what got me thinking of cloning in the first place. I was asking around about a shaker hood and found a guy with most of the rear sheet metal I'm going to need and he led to a guy with a set of 71 fenders that need some love and a six pack intake along with quite a few other little bits and pieces that I'm slowly squirreling away. I may end up putting an ad in Puerto Rico's classified website saying that I'm looking for anything Cuda and see what comes up since once upon a time the island was supposedly a mecca for muscle car bits
1972 Cuda 340 4 barrel 4 speed that looks like a 71
2006 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4X4
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible (Kidmobile)
1972 Dodge Charger 318 auto
1970 Challenger 440/727 auto
1973 Plymouth Duster 340/auto (Making it Panther Pink for the wife)
2006 Honda Civic Hybrid (It doesn't save gas, it just diverts it to the Cuda/Challenger)
In desperate need of more property for my growing Mopar family