Author Topic: Ever feel defeated by a project? T/A out of shop(s) after many years....  (Read 19423 times)

Offline rUNCHARGER

Re: Ever feel defeated by a project? T/A out of shop(s) after many years....
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2016 - 01:48:42 PM »
Great car.

Sheldon

Offline JH27N0B

« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2016 - 05:39:14 PM »
Made it to MCACN which was my big goal.  I've worked tons of hours and called in lots of favors from friends to get it completed enough to move under its own power and be ready to display at the show, and I'm very pleased to have achieved that!
Of course, with my luck, it was inevitable that something negative would happen.  A friend showed up with his trailer Friday morning, I drove it on the trailer and after he left, I grabbed a few things and headed out in my daily driver car.  I get to the convention hall and he's already there and backing the car out of the trailer and parking it by the area where cars and rigs enter for the show setup.  The car needed to be left there for the day as my display area wasn't ready.  At 4 I was called to move the car, I drove it over to the spot, and when I got out, I noticed a scrape in the drivers side door stripe!  I was just sick about that, and have no idea how it happened as it wasn't there when I pulled out of the garage.
Maybe someone leaned against the door to look inside during the day, and their hand slipped and nails scratched it?  I'll probably never know.
The guy from Jax Wax suggested touching up 2 small spots where you could see the red paint with a marker, then using one of his products on the stripes, and I did, and it looked much better.  Fine to display.  But now that the show is over I'll have to find a permanent fix.
Either me or the car is cursed I'm sure!

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2016 - 07:48:25 PM »
Congratulations!!  WoW it looks greaT  !!!  The chrome is blinding me!  :bigshades:  Had a similar incident this year with mine.  Very tough to keep at show level.  Nobody touches my car now. Nobody. Sorry to hear about the scratches.  Maybe post up a pic?   I have buffed over stripes at the final stage and they dry out. R/T
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline Mopar Mitch

• Autocrosser/Road Course Racer
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2016 - 01:26:53 PM »
MCACN 2016 was a great show!  Brad's T/A is a great car!... that's Brad's RED T/A I'm referring to!
Autocross/road racers go in deeper... and come out harder!

See  MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, AUGUST 2006 ISSUE for featured article and details on my autocross T/A.